Saturday, May 9, 2015

Happy Mother's Day




I am grateful for the inspiration and strength that flows through my blood from my many women ancestors: the women ancestors I have known in my lifetime; the women ancestors I have located through my genealogical research and the women ancestors whose name and stories I may never know.

Most of my women ancestors were mothers but many never married at all and never had children. The single women ancestors became teachers or caregivers or followed other callings in their lives. I do know that the common thread through time is that they all loved their mothers.


Collage originally made for IWD March 8, 2015
I have been blessed in this life with the best daughter and son a woman could ever have. I am eternally grateful for both of them. Being a mother has been my greatest privelege.


My two beautiful children





My Ancestors


  • Elizabeth Annal
  • Mary Brennan
  • Mary Anne Elizabeth Broderick
  • Rhea Fern Coughlin
  • Dawn Maureen Creighton
  • Florence Mary Curd
  • Mary Hess
  • Mary Hussey
  • Dorothy Moreland
  • Mary Ann Steinbrum

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment